Vinyl Vs Laminate – All You Need to Know
Flooring is the best and cost-effective way for those people who are interested in giving their home a new and attractive look. For these purposes, the two most known and used flooring types are vinyl flooring and laminate flooring. However, people still get confused while choosing one between them. So, let’s compare both the flooring to get more information.
Where you can find the best flooring companies in Australia?
Nowadays getting a perfect company for the works like flooring and decking is very tough. Hence, to make it easy you can contact Flooring Domain a perfect directory where you can find out about the tile, flooring, decking companies of your choice. Also, you can post projects and jobs for free. To learn more about it you can visit their websites and blogs.
What is the difference between vinyl and laminate flooring?
As vinyl and laminating flooring are the most accepted option for people when it comes to cost-effective flooring here let’s have a brief discussion over laminate vs vinyl to make it easier for people to choose between them.
Vinyl flooring is made up of various layers that are sandwiched over each other. this makes it more durable as it can last for 5 to 25 years depending on its quality and waterproof and affordable as compared to the others. There are two types of vinyl flooring they are:
- Luxury Vinyl Tiles: These are specially designed to imitate the natural flooring. It can be available in rigid or flexible tile or plank format.
- Vinyl roll: these are the fiberglass cushion backed flooring that comes in flexible continuous sheets that provide a beautiful design to the floor.
Advantages of vinyl flooring
- Cost-effective: it is among the most cost-effective flooring its price can vary depending upon the thickness, brand, and pattern.
- More durable and resilient: these are more resilient as they are prone to damages like scratches.
- Easy to maintain: as it is more resilient hence also prone to stains and dirt hence it is very easy to clean them with sweeping and vacuum cleaning.
- Water-resistant and insulating: these are highly resistant to water and moisture as compare to the normal wooden flooring.
- Easy installation: it is far easier to install the vinyl flooring as compared to others due to the simplified process. You can use it in different rooms.
Laminate flooring involves multiple layers fused by the process of lamination under high temperature and high pressure. Mainly there are four layers. Those are backer paper, HDF core, decorative layer, and wear or overlayer layer.
Advantages of Laminate flooring
- Durability: due to its external tough resin layer it is most prone to damages and hence more durable as compared to others.
- Moisture resistant: most of the laminate flooring is prone to stains, fading, and moisture damages.
- Economical: it is available with less cost and more durability and longevity.
- Offers a wide range of designs: laminating flooring mostly offers an authentic look of hardwood still its styles and color options are limitless.
It is also easier to install however due to its range of limit towards moisture resistance it can’t be used in bathrooms and mudrooms, unlike the vinyl flooring.
Both the vinyl and laminate flooring are cost-effective and suitable for flooring. However, it depends on the time of room in which you are installing.